TEACHERS.NFORUM.BIZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What continent are you from?

Cover letter I_vote_lcap22%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 22% [ 9 ]
Cover letter I_vote_lcap2%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Cover letter I_vote_lcap0%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Cover letter I_vote_lcap59%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 59% [ 24 ]
Cover letter I_vote_lcap5%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]
Cover letter I_vote_lcap7%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 7% [ 3 ]
Cover letter I_vote_lcap5%Cover letter I_vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 41

Latest topics
» Earn money online.
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:05 pm by Guest

» How can a parent help a middle school boy to become focused on school assignments?
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:17 am by Admin

» Should we get rid of homework?
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:12 am by Guest

» The eternal problem: school lunch
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:57 am by husk

» Holidays again
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 am by husk

» What continent are you from?
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm by Admin

» Teacher blogs
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:56 pm by Admin

» What do you think of the use of calculator and rulebooks in the class?
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm by Admin

» Modern school
Cover letter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 am by Guest

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Teachers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of TEACHERS.NFORUM.BIZ on your social bookmarking website

Cover letter

Go down

Cover letter Empty Cover letter

Post by Emily Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 am

I have written a few in the past, but I don't think they were good enough so I'm going to start from scratch. Anyone have advice or very useful sites that they normally use for writing a cover letter?

Emily

Back to top Go down

Cover letter Empty Re: Cover letter

Post by husk Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 am

wetfeet.com is pretty good.
husk
husk

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 am

YOUR ADDRESS (Do not put your name here)
TODAY'S DATE

Mr./Ms. EMPLOYER'S NAME (If you don't have one, get one!)
TITLE
COMPANY'S NAME
ADDRESS

DEAR Mr./Ms. EMPLOYER:

FIRST PARAGRAPH: This is the "why I'm writing to you" paragraph which immediately tells the employer the position you want to be considered for. This is short - usually 2-3 sentences. Points to cover:

* Why you are writing and which position you are applying for.
* How you heard about the position is irrelevant unless it is a mutual contact or recruiting program. Do not write, "I learned of this opportunity through the Career Services Office."
* Show from your research why you are interested in this position or organization. The goal is to make a connection - do this Briefly and Specifically or leave it out; sweeping statements will not work.

SECOND PARAGRAPH: This is the "why I'm qualified" paragraph. Highlight some of your most relevant experiences and qualities as they relate to the position for which you are applying. Choose 2 - 3 points you want to make about Specific experiences/accomplishments or about general qualities you have exhibited, and provide Specific examples to support those points. This paragraph will change according to the job/employer for which you are applying. This is usually the longest paragraph of the letter. You may break this paragraph into two if it looks too lengthy or if your points work best in separate paragraphs. Points to ponder:

* The first sentence should be a hard-hitting opener. It is a quick introduction, which is accomplishment-oriented and directed at the skills and qualifications needed for the job/industry.
* The body of the paragraph should provide evidence to back up what you've just claimed. Cite specific jobs/internships/activities/projects and accomplishments associated with those experiences. Use your resume to come up with some specifics, but NEVER reiterate passages from your resume word for word. Discuss why what you did is to the employer- relate the facts to the job. Strong examples are important!
* The final sentence is a summary of what you've discussed above. It's a good idea to mention the position title and company name to bring the reader back to the specific job in question.

FINAL PARAGRAPH: This is a short 2-4 sentences paragraph. You should refer to the enclosed resume, request an interview and let the reader know what will happen next (Contact them within specific period of time unless it is a recruiting program). It is vital that you thank the reader for his/her time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Name

Enclosure(s)

(source )here

stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: