TEACHERS.NFORUM.BIZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Poll

What continent are you from?

Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap22%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 22% [ 9 ]
    Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap2%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
    Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap0%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
    Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap59%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 59% [ 24 ]
    Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap5%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]
    Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap7%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 7% [ 3 ]
    Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_lcap5%Should we get rid of homework? I_vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 41

Latest topics
    » Earn money online.
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:05 pm by Guest

» How can a parent help a middle school boy to become focused on school assignments?
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:17 am by Admin

» Should we get rid of homework?
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:12 am by Guest

» The eternal problem: school lunch
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:57 am by husk

» Holidays again
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 am by husk

» What continent are you from?
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm by Admin

» Teacher blogs
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:56 pm by Admin

» What do you think of the use of calculator and rulebooks in the class?
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm by Admin

» Modern school
    Should we get rid of homework? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 am by Guest

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Teachers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of TEACHERS.NFORUM.BIZ on your social bookmarking website

Should we get rid of homework?

2 posters

Go down

Should we get rid of homework? Empty Should we get rid of homework?

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:25 pm

I have read several international articles that promote the idea of getting a homework+free school. Both the pupils and the parents agree that it would be a better option. The reasons proposed are the following:
    - Pupils have little time to work with school related tasks when they are into sports or other activities in their free time.
    - Parents find it difficult to help the children with their homework. Already in the 3-4th grade the parents do not "follow" the school's level and thus are unable to work with their off-springs at home.
    - A solution might be to have a longer school day (until 4 pm). Then the teachers, qualified instructors, will be there to help the pupils.

What do you think of that?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

https://teachers.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Should we get rid of homework? Empty Re: Should we get rid of homework?

Post by husk Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:51 am

A girl I know (8th grade) once said she would rather stay 1 more hour longer at school instead of getting homework.
    To be honest, I think such ideas come from people with little understanding of what they want. After all if all the homework can be done in one hour per day, why should you spend this hour at school and not within the beloved walls of your home? If my friend meant she would rather stay 1 more lesson every day in exchange for the 3-4 hours of working at home (and thus implying a considerable reduction of homework amount), then it is simply an unfair bargain.
    Homework in my country IS already divided into several difficulty and amount levels for the students to choose from. It is a good start to satisfy the educational needs of the greater student mass.
    husk
    husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Newie Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 am

I don't find it necessary to take away homework from the educational process. I consider it to be a good training for the pupils. They get to try and solve the problems (that have been shown by the teacher in the class) on their ow. This helps them become more confident of what they can do and what they need to practice more.

Newie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down