TEACHERS.NFORUM.BIZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Poll

What continent are you from?

We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap22%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 22% [ 9 ]
    We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap2%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
    We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap0%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
    We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap59%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 59% [ 24 ]
    We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap5%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]
    We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap7%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 7% [ 3 ]
    We share lesson plans I_vote_lcap5%We share lesson plans I_vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 41

Latest topics
    » Earn money online.
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:05 pm by Guest

» How can a parent help a middle school boy to become focused on school assignments?
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:17 am by Admin

» Should we get rid of homework?
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:12 am by Guest

» The eternal problem: school lunch
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:57 am by husk

» Holidays again
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 am by husk

» What continent are you from?
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm by Admin

» Teacher blogs
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:56 pm by Admin

» What do you think of the use of calculator and rulebooks in the class?
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm by Admin

» Modern school
    We share lesson plans I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 am by Guest

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Teachers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of TEACHERS.NFORUM.BIZ on your social bookmarking website

We share lesson plans

Go down

We share lesson plans Empty We share lesson plans

Post by Emily Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 am

Most of my lessons are custom made. I make everything myself from the ground up.

This might sound pretentious, but I think my lessons are interesting and so far, the students really enjoy what I've planned.

This is based on feedback from both my peers and the students.

I do spend a LOT of time preparing everything so that I provide something of quality to the students.

I would like to provide what I've done so far to the other teachers here, on this forum. This would be a gift of some sort for all the help I've received, and, in a way, it's long overdue.

I would rather not put them here, in this topic, as the topic would eventually disappear.

Is there anywhere on the website where I could put my things so that they're visible and easily accessible to all the teachers?

I think it would be really awesome if we how somehow shared our own ideas to the world. Make a database of some sort.

What do you think?

Here's the first lesson I'd like to share:

Riddle contest
    Tested with: English Major students
    Class size: 22-45 students (depending on the class)
    Procedure:
    #1. Separate the class in teams. (Do it yourself, otherwise you'll be wasting a lot of time if you let the students do it by themselves).
    #2. Select an assistant who will help you determine who raises his or her hand first in answering the question.
    #3. Explain the rules:

1. The teacher will read a riddle to the students.
    2. The students MUST raise their hand to answer a question. If the students shout the answer without raising their hand, they lose one point (This is tried, tested and true. Otherwise students will be shouting the answers all across the classroom).
    3. Depending on how many hints are given, the amount of point for a good answer varies. First, read the riddle (6 points), then write it on the board (5 points), then write how many letters there are (_ _ _ _) (4 points), then the first letter (F _ _ _) (3 points), then the second letter (F I _ _) (2 points) and so on. Do not go under 1 point for a good answer.
    4. Giving out a WRONG answer reduces the total of point by 1.
    5. Team totals may go under 0.

That's about it. I've tested this with my students and they loved it. This is for advanced students however.

Emily

Back to top Go down

We share lesson plans Empty Re: We share lesson plans

Post by Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:46 am

Save Our Souls- or At Least Save Mine
    You and a group of friends decide to take a holiday in Europe. When you are in France you decide to take a balloon trip over the Alps. You think it will be a fun way to see some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Unfortunately, things go horribly wrong. When you are thousands of feet above the ground your balloon develops a slow leak. What is worse is that ground control tells you that one of you will have to jump overboard so that the others can land safely.

There are five of you plus the pilot in the balloon.

Journalist

Journalist: 42 years old
    Married: Yes.
    Children: 2
    Dependents: Yes (elderly parents)

One of you is a respected syndicated international journalist. You have been reporting on world affairs for your country for many years. Your opinions are highly valued by your editor and your articles are widely read.

Monk
    Monk: 33 years old
    Married: no
    Children: no
    Dependents: Yes, everybody

One of you is a monk. You have a large spiritual following. People hang off your every word. Some people have told you that you have changed their lives forever bringing happiness and joy to their existence.

History Professor
    History Professor: 65 years old
    Married: Yes
    Children: 6
    Dependents: 90-year-old mother, youngest son and daughter.

One of you is a history teacher. You are a professor at a famous university. Your teachings on history are perhaps the most recognized in the world. People find your classes amusing, but more importantly they are influential in public policy.

Scientist
    Cancer Scientist: 35 years old
    Married: No
    Dependents: Yes, elderly parents

One of you is a cancer scientist. Your research into the causes of cancer has led to the development of a number of drugs that have increased the chances of surviving cancer. You also lecture others in biochemistry.

Politician
    Politician: 55 years old
    Married: Yes
    Children: 3
    Dependents: no

You are a good politician. You are always trying to help your constituents. People respect your hard work and believe you are not corrupt. You have done a lot of good for your local community.

1. Read the profile you have been assigned.

2. In your group make an argument why you should not have to jump overboard.

3. Make an argument for why each of the others should jump overboard a head of you.

In your group note 4 reasons for and against your own survival:

For
    1. __________________________________________________ __

2.________________________________________________ ____

3.________________________________________________ ____

4.________________________________________________ ____

Against

1.________________________________________________ _____

2.________________________________________________ _____

3.________________________________________________ _____

4.________________________________________________ _____

Do the same for the other people.

Select somebody in your group to represent your team. This person must argue your position. Others can help them make their argument if it’s appropriate.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

https://teachers.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down